anyone ever heard of a medical transciptionist?

whats all involved bc im thinking about doing this. any help wuld be appreciated! :)

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My friend took the course, which is expensive BTW, and now does it from home. She loves it. She is a SAHM and love working from home.
    IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You take the class to understand the medical terms used in transcription (listen to the tape and type it out for the docs).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• well i know what it is. but i meant about the training and if u liked it and stuff. WHERE wuld i get training? whats a good course or school to get it from?
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Its where you dicatate what a doctor does in visits and put it into the proper terms in medical records. I was going to school for medical assistant and it was part of the program. The hardest part if learn the medical terminology part of it. Other then that it was pretty easy. YOu can work from home sometimes which is good.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I actually went through a program at a community college here. Since I was working at a hospital in med records at the time my supervisor let me train a little with some of the transcriptionists too so I got some on the job training as well. The online courses offered are pretty pricey, but you may want to just google medical transcription programs and research it. Things are pretty different now. Just make sure you research the programs thoroughly. Some places that hire work from home transcriptionists only hire people who go through specific programs. So if you're wanting to do it from home just research the companies first and see who they hire. Most likely you'll have to work for a hospital on site first to gain experience.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2009