• In the Spotlight:

Help me pick an unusual name for a boy that sounds good with the midlle name Wayne. PLEEEAASE!!!!!

My husband and I discided with our first child we would pick the middle name based on family the first name would be original. Now we are having a boy and the middle name will be Wayne. However we are argueing over the first name. We wanted all our kids to have unusual names. Now because we can't think of any for a boy he wants to name it Jefferey Wayne after his father. Which first off I hate the name Jefferey secondly we already agreed and he wouldn't let me name our first daughter after my grandma. Does any one have name Ideas and ideas on how to explain to him with out offending him why I don't want to name my boy Jefferey. Please help.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you should just tell him you dont like the name.. and its not far... he wouldnt let you name your daughter after your gma.
    For picking out names.. go online there are tons of lists every where with names.. pick your favs.. and put them in a hat and pick.. or have your daughter help you pick
    Wish i could be more help!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I like Remy (from St. Remy, France). But tell him you want a new name to mix it up a bit and that it's important to you so you need to agree on something but not Jeffrey.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My dad's name is David Wayne =] So is my brother's.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My good friends boys are named silous and orion, that unusual and cute. I have always love aden.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Just tell him you dont like Jeffery and tell him that he wouldnt let you name your girl after your grandmother. that should be reason enough.

names that go with Wayne. Do you have a baby name book?? I went through a book, picked out all the names i liked even a little bit. then i had my SO go through it and that knocked out most of them. so then i re-added a couple. after that i said them out loud with the middle name. then i said them out loud with the last name. then i said them out loud with all three together.

i have a baby name book, but honestly, i dont feel like looking through it right now. sorry. good luck. there are lots of names i like, but its late and my brain is done. ha ha.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• How About Jericho? or Javaise?

2 things in this post stick out to me:

#1 "he wouldn't let me name our first daughter after my grandma."- it sounded more emotionally thrown in there instead of listed in logical order like the other 2 reasons. like it is the biggest reason you don't want him to use it. like you didn't get your way with the other one, he shouldn't get his with this one.

#2. " I don't want to name my boy Jefferey." - it is his boy, too.
    Anonymous

• Well my sons name is Andrew Wayne, his dad is Darrin Wayne and his grandfather is Jack Wyane and my brother is Bradley Wayne, theres alot of them, my favorite is Andrew though, I guess thats b/c he's mine!
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 11:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• How about Micah?
    Anonymous

• I like the PP names that she gave as first names. You could tell your husband that, if your father-in-law is still alive, there will be confusion when you are all together as to which Jeffery someone is calling. I have five James' in the family. Two of them go by their middle names. My cousin goes by Big James and my nephew answers to Little James. We haven't figured out what to call another cousin's boyfriend. Good luck in explaining why you have a problem with naming your son Jeffery to your husband. With my 1st ds, we had his name picked out a couple of months before his birth. My 2nd ds was decided two hours before he was born. With my 3rd ds, my dh and I couldn't decide on a name for a week after his birth. It was frustrating trying to agree on a name. I would suggest names and dh was reject them. It got to the point where we were asking strangers for suggestions.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2009