Is this stupid to get angry over?

My husband and i have a one year old and a baby on the way.. but were still living wtih my parents because of the economy we cant find jobs.. although we are looking!!
And my uncle has two little boys.. one is disabled and dieing.. the other is spoiled rotton because he playes wreastling. Anyways, my uncle or my aunt dont have jobs, they are using their church to help them pay all their bills, yet they are using my disabling cousins discount to take them and my grandparents to the jazz game coming up!!! And tomorrow are taking a 2 hr. trip to were we live to see the jazz bear. INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A JOB!!! If that were me and my hubby we would be spending that money on our own rent, paying our own bills.
Am i just pregnant and hormonal?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 11:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that spending time together as a family before their child dies is the only thing that really matters right now. People are helping them because they WANT to help them, because those people understand the importance of family at times like this. I think you are way out of line, based on what you've said here.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• no! thats so messed up! i know ppl like that and it pisses me off
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Plus their youngest inst the one that is disabled but he plays soccer and wreastling.. and he is gods gift to the freaking world. While their dieing disabled son... gets treated like shit!! He cant be potty trained is 14 and they make him walk around in dirty diapers while they sit there and aurgu whoes going to change him.
    IT MAKES ME VERY ANGRY!!!
    I know the economy is bad... but my husband and i have looked on craigslist in their city there are about 6 jobs he is qualified for )my uncle) BUT HES TOO LAZY TO GET A FREAKING JOB!!
    Then bitches to me saying my hubby cant support me.. well he could the way you are supporting your kids.. off the church!! BUT WE HAVE MORE CLASS THEN THAT!!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Bluefrog mama? did you mean to put I AM way out of line?
    Because every time i see my cousin i spend time with him.. i mean the doctors give him till hes 18 hes 14 now.. but his dad needs a job so they have insurance!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• And the church that is helping him told him when he first asked for help last july THAT HE NEEDS TO FIND A JOB. It isnt an everlasting fund... and he found one worked for a week or so.. and then quite!!!
    And yeah spending time with his son is important!! BUT HE TREATS HIM LIKE SHIT!!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I understand that it's frustrating that you and your husband are working hard and trying to get ahead and then you see them freeloading and spending money frivolously. But a lot more people are irresponsible than the few of us who are responsible, so spending our time angry about them isn't going to do us a whole lot of good.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'm surprised that the Church would be helping pay the bills for that long. Our Church has a policy where they will only help with your rent one time. They'll give food, clothes and probably toiletries, for longer if you need it. You should probably notify them of how he's using the money he does have, because the money the Church is giving them could be going to a family who really needs it
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't think you're wrong for being angry or thinking what they are doing is wrong. When people give their tithes and offerings at church, that money is intended to go towards God's work (such as paying the Pastor's salary etc.). Many times churches will extend gifts and loans to members who are in need. It is very, very disrespectful to take what is literally God's money to pay your bills when you can afford to pay for 6 people to go to a game (mom, dad, grandparents and two kids right?). That is of course, if you have the blessing of the church to do so (as a special family time because of the dying child). It is very wrong to borrow money from anyone that thinks they are giving it to you so that you can afford the cost to live and then use it for non-essential things. I don't fault them for wanting to spend quality time with their ill son, however, it doesn't have to be something that involves so much money.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No, it's good for you to vent.. perhaps rather than starting a fight though you could offer to help out more with their dieing son.. perhaps they are overstressed and don't realize how rude they are being. There could be a lot of reasons for their actions.. but there isn't much you can do about it. Just continue to look for a job yourselves, and offer some help. Perhaps if they see you going out of your way to help them, they will not only have a chance to see the good sides in you and your hubby, but they may have a chance to sit back and reflect and maybe work on changing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes it's stupid. You all are jobless. I don't know how you can support 2 kids on no income. I don't think you're in the position to judge anyone....espeically someone with a dying child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009