I don't like my husband anymore ...

In the past few months I've found myself really worried and confused. I don't like my husband anymore. We're married 7 years w/ 2 kids. Gone thru alot of painful life experiences. 3 misscarriages, deaths, job changes/loss. While life was happening, kids were being born, money being earned, we stopped growing together as a couple. I don't feel like he is my friend. Friendship is very important to me. How could I not be friends with him. He doesn't understand me. We are very different people. He doesn't support me emotionally. He is a great dad, good provider for his family. Sex is good when it happens. I just feel so disconnected from him most of the time. His questions are like fingernails on the chaulkboard. is this a rocky patch? any suggestions of how to fix?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I know how you feel, only I have a couple other issues to add to my version. Sex is not good and I don't like how he talks to our son. Sorry things are rough, I hope things work out the way that's best for you.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• If you're not happy and you feel miserable, why torture your self? If you really feel theres nothing that can be mended or be able to work something out through therapy , then I would just end it.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'd talk to him and let him know you've been feeling really disconnected for a while. It seems like that movie Fireproof would be beneficial for the two of you to watch together and maybe you could get the book. I hope things get better soon! That stinks to not feel a friendship with your hubby
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think that it really could just be a rough patch. Keep working at it. Things in a marriage sometimes change. It is like a long road trip and sometimes the roads are easy and the sun is shining, and sometimes you hit a windy road and the rain starts to pour. Try doing the LOVE DARE. You can find this book on ebay. Sometimes we have to change ourselves to change our circumstances. Do EVERYTHING you can to make it work, and THEN if it still is not getting better, then leave. Good Luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Marriage counseling
    Anonymous

• Since it sounds like your asking for advise and it appears you would rather be in a thriving mariage than leave him then I suggest books by Marshall Rosenberg. And also,
    cnvc.org is dedicated to helping people connect with each other. Another wonderful book called "Fighting for your Marriage" teaches couples how to communicate to understand each other and work together to solve problems rather than against each other. Good luck to you momma, I hope these ideas help.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 12:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Life is too short to be going through something like that. Talk to him and get a counselor. If that doesnt work, coming to terms with it being over is the next step. Sorry your going through this. Hope all ends up well.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would head to marriage counseling. This happens in many marriages, but plenty of couples manage to fix it and come out stronger than ever. I would not say all hope is lost quite yet. Good luck.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ditto to your question. I feel the same way w/ my husband. And we've been together almost 7 years and 2 kids also. Weird. lol.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 12:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• U WILL BE O.K MOVE ON WITH YOURS LIFE PLEASE.... NO ONE WAITS ON NO ONE....BLESS YOUR HEART......
    synsation

Answer by synsation at 12:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009