Do your babies do this?

My daughter is just a few days from 7 months. If anyone is eating around her she's like hey wheres mine. She'll just stare at ya like a begging little doggy lol. She gets winy sometimes. I try to always feed her when I eat but my husband will get out a snack and she wants it to! Even when were eating dinner she'll look at what I'm feeding her and what we're eating. She can't have everything were eating. I'm like honey, one day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it's completely normal.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes normal, just give her what is safe for her to have and thats all you can do.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 12:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• oh my goodness i was starting to think that my daughter was the only one who did this haha. she's 9months but has been doing it for a while and my friends didn't believe me!! lol so i brought out some food and she started going nuts for it haha. i eat very healthy so i usually can give her whatever i'm eating but when we go out- i always bring her the gerber graduates puffs so that if i'm eating something she can't, she can eat those. my concern though is that i'm spoiling her :/
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes my son is 10 months and does this. I feel sorry for him because he only has 2 teeth and really cant eat anything yet unless it is total mush.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LOL, yes! If it's on someone else's plate it must be good... at leasty that's always been my children's motto.

http://www.babysignsprogram.com/withelizabeth/

Helping Babies Comunicate With Parents And Caregivers Before They Can Talk.

cuddlemonkeez

Answer by cuddlemonkeez at 12:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• haha yes! my DD is almost 9 months & she now gets really mad when were eating around her w/o her getting any. ive been working really hard on getting her use to taking small bites outta our foods.

i sooo look forward to her being able to eat big kid foods by herself haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh yes! The boys each did that. We just gave them a bit if it was something they could have. At 7 months we had started giving them bits of table foods anyway, so they were used to little pieces of food.

Give her little bits if it's nothing terribly hard! Teeth don't matter, they can gum it! My general rule of thumb at this age was if I could mash it between the roof of my mouth and my tongue, they could gum it. (being careful of the obvious "allergy" foods)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009