Writing a paper and I need some help :-0

I'm brainstorming for my final paper and this paper determines if I pass or fail the class. ugh and my mind is all cloudy b/c my mom passed today and I'm worried I'll fail too. The question is . . . What smiall things do you do or others you know do on a regular basis to make this world a better place? provide examples and explain the effects those actions have had. please i'd appreciate some help. thx

rylies_mum

Asked by rylies_mum at 12:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Things like recycling or turning off lights when not in use helps the enviorment. Or donating change to a cause...even if you dont' do it, make it up.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Maybe you can get some ideas here: http://www.onesmalldeed.com/
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Your mom passed today,I'm so sorry but you shouldn't be worried about a paper right now I think the school will understand
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• First, remember that teachers read about a million papers a day. An entertaining paper is going to get a better grade. For your title paragraph, start out by telling a story about the positivity of helping or about how someone has helped you. Bring that title paragraph to an end by listing how you, in turn, are helping other people/the world in the form of a thesis. Don't go all over the place, pick ONE topic and then pick things that relate to that topic. For example, if your topic is "Helping the Environment" then your thesis should include how you'll discuss you're concern for areas such as "light bulbs," "carpooling," "recyling" etc. In your body paragraphs, spend one paragraph per topic that you mentioned in your thesis (one paragraph for carpooling, one for recylcing etc.). Elaborate what you do in each paragraph, why you do it (what statistics do you have to show that it is a worthwhile thing to do) cont...
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You poor thing...the last thing you should worry about is a paper....you need to grieve your mother and Im pretty sure the schools give you time to do this....jobs have to. You need to explain what happened and take some time to properly grieve your mom....My prayers are with you.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• First I am sorry about your mother. I was 14 when mine passed and understand your pain. I am thinking a way to get your paper done and honor your mother at the same time is to write abut small things she did, that made the world better.

Think outside the box, maybe she regularly dnated items to a second hand store or took baked goods to a shelter; most people don't think abut those tiny things but they mean a lot to those they help.

Good luck with your paper:)
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 12:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• and what impact you personally have seen it make.

after elaborating on each of your "helpful areas" mentioned in your thesis, you can then bring your paper to a close. The last (summary) paragraph should mirror the tone in the intro paragraph. The intro paragraph explained why you've decided to help out in these ways, then it stated how you are helping out. Your summary paragraph should then explain what you hope to add to what you're already doing and what you see for the future.

The length requirement of the paper sometimes determines what topic you can choose to write on. For example, if you want to write about helping people but only have three or so examples (which may end up only making three body paragraphs), that's not going to make a very long paper and you should probably pick a different topic. If you want to write about the environment and have loads of ways you're helping; then that's the better topic.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm sure you know all of this (but it can be hard to remember when you're not thinking so clearly). I'm sorry about your mom. Your professor can probably give you an extension. This paper might help you take your mind off of things a bit and relax maybe?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• novemberlove sounds like she has done this before. lots of good idea's there. I would suggest you follow her lead.
    I am so sorry also about you mom. Don't spread yourself thin on trying to get your paper done. Your professor will understand. Take care and god bless you and your family....
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 1:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• In college I was a B+ student in many of my classes and one of them was English comp.The reason for my grade,because I was late a few times.Here is my e-mail address sonnygrl67@yahoo.com.Send me your rough draft or the topic of your paper and I will help you write.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009