Is it too early to test?? (bear with me- )

I haven't had a period in months and months. (yeah i've been to the dr about it so I don't want to be told to go to the dr :) )
So I don't have a missed period to go from.
I had unprotected sex last month around the 11th I believe. I don't feel pregnant but I know I need to test sometime just so I know if I am or not.
- When should I? Is it too early?
Sorry I know these are annoying. I'm kinda clueless though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not to be nosy...but why havent you had a period in so long.
    goodfroggie

Answer by goodfroggie at 1:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If your not having a period im not so sure its even possible for you to become pregnant. Whats the medical reasoning behind you not having a period? Does your doctor think you can become pregnant?
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 2:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• USUALLY you wont ovulate again until you've had your period again. Even IF you did your uterine lining is very old if you havent' had a period in months (unless it never built up in the first place and only recently did) I mean of course it is possible you didn't ovulate for months and months then you built up a lining again and ovulated.

Anyways you should be able to get a positive pg test 14-16 days after ovulation. Since sperm can live up to 5 days (3) average - you COULD have ovulated as late as Feb 14 and still gotten PG. Which means you could test now and it would be accurate definately.

Anyways, you need to keep going to the Dr. or find a new one because you need to have a better idea of what's going on with your body - they may have to induce a period if this goes on much longer.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 3:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Generaly if you dont have a period then thats the first sign of being unfertle. But if your young then that may not even be the case. If your 45 or over then yeah I would say that would be the first sign, if your younger then I would see if they would enduce it. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009