My baby boy is 3 days old and has passed stool 9 times in the 3rd day. The stoll is watery with yellow substance. Is stooling so often and so many times in a day usual/normal?

baby_boys_mom

Asked by baby_boys_mom at 12:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that sounds just like my daughter when she came home f/ the hospital ha, i couldn't believe so much came out of something so small!! haha but basically she pooped every single time that she ate. if he's still going 9x a day tomorrow or the day after, i'd call your dr to double check but i think that's normal. congratulations!!!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sounds like a breastfed babie's stool. Are you breastfeeding? If so it sounds perfectly normal!

http://www.babysignsprogram.com/withelizabeth/

Helping babies communicate with parents and caregivers before they can talk.

cuddlemonkeez

Answer by cuddlemonkeez at 12:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ya. Oh the poop.

Baby poop is your only reality now, I'm afraid.

And yes, my baby's poo was watery and yellowish too, and looked almost like it had little yellow seeds sometimes. That was when I was breastfeeding. Formula poo is darker and a little greenish and thicker. It smells worse too.

But everyone can tell you not to worry but the only one that will set your mind at ease is your pediatrician. Call him/her, they won't mind and give yourself some peace of mind. I bet you could use a little right now, yeah?

Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• if he's BFing it's totally normal...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Congrats new mom! Your baby's bowls are woking. It's absolutly normal. As long as the poop is not red, black or too dark a green it's normal. Babies sometimes make a lot of watery yellow mustardy poop. Anyways as everyone says just call your doc to make sure everything is fine.

If he's eating a lot then he's gonna poop a lot. Enjoy your motherhood
    nidiya

Answer by nidiya at 1:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yup, if you are breastfeeding it is totally normal. With my son I swear he was pooping before he was even done eating.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 3:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009