Look what I found....

Okay so this happened like months ago, but I wasnt on here then and it hasnt been dealt with...

when cleaning my SD's room one day, I found my SO's dirty magazine behind her bed. i didnt know what to do. i was so freaked out. the only way it could have ended up there is if SD went in our room and got it. when this happened i was having more trouble with SD getting into things she knew she wasnt suppose to so it was pretty easy to think she went in our room and found it. she is nosey. but being mad that she was snooping in our room was not my biggest concern here though. it was that my 8 yr. old SD had at least looked once at this dirty magazine! i never approached her about it because i really didnt know what to say and i knew she would be embarrassed. i did tell her dad, but he didnt really react.

What should i have done then? And what should I do now, if anything?

also, please no bashing that dad had a porn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• When I was 8 years old my neighbor's granddaughter and I found some of her grandfather's playboys. We looked at them for a couple reasons: we were curious, we wondered if we'd look like that someday and it was fun sneaking around with something we knew we weren't supposed to have. I wouldn't worry too much, we both grew up fine.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 2:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We keep our porn stash in a lock box...I suggest you buy one and sit the girls down and have a frank discussion with them about what they saw.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When I was young I went into my parents room (snooping around) and found a dirty magazine. It didn't damage me. I was young and curious. The way my parents handled was not good I don't think. They made me feel awful. I think you do need to talk about it, and punish her how you do for snooping in your room. Other than that I don't think you should do something to blatantly embarass or shame her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We keep magazines toys and things locked away....
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree, don't freak about it she was just curious. However if she starts being overly worried about her body and not getting fat and developing breasts you should talk to her about what she saw and how magazines use airbrushing and computer programs to make everyone look perfect, that what she saw are not the real women.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009