Look what I found.....

Okay so this happened like months ago, but I wasnt on here then and it hasnt been dealt with...

when cleaning my SD's room one day, I found my SO's dirty magazine behind her bed. i didnt know what to do. i was so freaked out. the only way it could have ended up there is if SD went in our room and got it. when this happened i was having more trouble with SD getting into things she knew she wasnt suppose to so it was pretty easy to think she went in our room and found it. she is nosey. but being mad that she was snooping in our room was not my biggest concern here though. it was that my 8 yr. old SD had at least looked once at this dirty magazine! i never approached her about it because i really didnt know what to say and i knew she would be embarrassed. i did tell her dad, but he didnt really react.

What should i have done then? And what should I do now, if anything?

also, please no bashing that dad had a porn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I imagine you removed it so she knows you were snooping in her room and found it, so she's was waiting to get in trouble. Since she didnt she may now think its ok. You need to talk to her dad again, and you all need to sit down and talk about boundaries, why its a must for parents to check kids room to make sure they are safe and healthy, but it is not ok for her to go into your room, your the adults shes the kid. Also discuss why she had the magazine, and that those are adult women for adult men to look at. You have to legally be 18 to view those. Chances are she just thought it was funny and wanted to hide it from her dad and tell her friends about it. Maybe she thought it was bad that her dad had it and wanted to hide it so you didnt find out and get mad at him. Communication in a family is important, dont hesitate to talk as a family about issues that are important. Good luck to you.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 7:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2009