When did you take and your baby take your first outing after being home from the hospital?

Like to the store or anything like that?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my son on the monday of finals week so on thursday and friday he went to class with me to take finals and to the grocery store.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We used to take her to the park and to nanas. house but not too many other places b/c I didn't want her getting germs...so she was a couple months old before we went to the store or anything like that....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had a c-sec and felt the need to walk as much as possible so when he was about a week old we'd walk up and down the street (He of course was either in the stroller bundled up or b.u. with my mom holding him) and about 1 1/2 weeks I went stir crazy in the house and forced my mom to take me to wal-mart so again bundled up & out we went... If you take baby out make sure to bundle well to keep as much covered and also cover the head w a recieving blanket or something and hold baby close if anyone asks to see simply say "I'm sorry I'm just not ready yet we just needed to fet out of the house for a bit" and keep walking (i was a phob when it came to other ppl being around my son when he was that little)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You know I don't really remember. I can remember her being about a month old and some lady reaching in to touch her but I don't know if that was her first shopping trip out or not. Her first actual trip was to a pediatric cardiologist.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Gav was about 3 days old. I had to go get prescriptions filled that they gave me when I left the hospital, so he ended up going to Wal-Mart right away, we had a look but don't touch policy, cause I used to work there and everyone wanted to see him.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 1:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my first daughter was 3 days old..and i dont remember how old my 2nd was
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Uhm, we were released from the hospital on his third day of life. We didn't even make it home, first. My mother, who was driving, needed to pick up food at the store. I had to pay, it was in the desert so no chance of leaving DS in the car... yeah, first day not even an hour released from the hospital. He's been an outside baby ever since!
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 2:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The first day I remember was when she was 8 days old. We were at the mall and I ran into someone from high school. He asked if I was pregnant. I was so embarrassed! Silly
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I've heard that it's good to go outside at least once a day to help ward off postpartum depression. I'm planning on taking her for walks around the block within days of getting her home.
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 3:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I left the hospital both times and went to walmart. My kids never got sick (well DS1 never did, until he was two and a half) and this one is 3 months and hasn't yet. Because I am EBF they have my protection, so may as well use it and not stay in the house.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 4:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2009