im so sick of his family and friends saying HIS beautiful baby....

how HE did such a good job making such a beautiful baby how HE is such a good dad... on and on and on...
i carried her for 9 months,I went in labor I got cut open to deliver her I am the one that stys up with her all night..

where the hell is MY appreciation?

anyone else would u be irritated? its OUR baby we both made her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry to say we as moms only get recognition from a. other moms (unless they are closer to the dad) or your parents... Everyone else will make comments about the dad and how great he did... It makes me angry too esp when I feel like I'm the only one doing anything to raise our kid except when we are out in public then suddenly hero daddy takes over to show the world how great he is... Thats annoying too... BUT... we moms know how awesome we are and also how hard it is to do our 'jobs' and thats why we have each other!!!! :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• For some reason, people feel the need to coddle the father lol. It's like fatherhood should be so foreign to men that they need extra encouragement to do a good job or something lol.

It is OK to be irritated with not being included. A lot of people make social faux-pas and although it is rude, they don't mean any harm. Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do about it. It's the same exact thing you go through with pregnancy when you endure the "OMG, are you sure there's only ONE in there?" comments and complete strangers petting your stomach like a cat.

When we bought our house, my MIL would talk on and on about "Matt's house" (my husband's name). I once decided to remind her that I lived there too. It didn't go over too well. If you think a gentle reminder to someone that they're being impolite will start an arguement just ignore it and move on.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i know how you feel! if were all at the store everyone talks to my DH like he's the only parent! its like hello!! yeah over here! the one who looks like she hasnt slept in 3 days & is all frazzled. thats me...the mom. and its ALWAYS other moms who oo & ah over my DH...i mean they should know how little respect we get as moms! thats why i stopped going to the store w/ my DH unless we really need something...that way everyone talks to me about how cute MY dd is haha.

my MIL is really good about just saying "she" is so beautiful & "yall" did a great job. my FIL however gives me all the credit cause he's a sweet sweet man haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My DF's family tried pulling that stunt. Then they asked HIM when we would be having another one so at dinner one night, I loudly announced to his family that since HE was the one who gave up a portion of his body for her to inhabit, that HE was the one who gained almost 30 lbs to provide nourishment to the baby, that HE was the one who bore the swollen ankles and hands, that HE was the one who labored for hours to give birth to her, and that HE was the one who had to be stitched up, thrown from one uncomfortable bed to another, endured needles being prodded into him like he was a stuck pig, it was up to ME to find a suitable egg donor as my eggs were on permanent vacation and that HE would have to figure out how THEY were going to get another grandchild.

Needless to say, I now get the appreciation and HE gets the dirty diapers when his mother is over. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• just shrug it off as it being his family..they might have issues. I'm sure your family is not saying the same thing. Focus on your baby and let the remarks slide no matter how irritating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• most people get over this when the baby starts to get older and they get to see more and more how much work you are still pulling and how little he actually does.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lol - my dh and I do that to each other - I'll say something like "he's your son, or she's your daughter", or "guess what your son / daughter did" - that sort of thing. He says the same thing to me.

LOL - we were out for lunch one time and our son had really been getting on my nerves with some of his stunts and I made a comment about "your son"... This woman at the next table started giving me these REALLY nasty looks and started making these really loud comments to the lady she was with about "how SOME women shouldn't marry a man with kids if they can't handle being a step mom"

ROFL - neither my dh or I have ever been married before, and we are both the bio parents of our two kids. We just laughed it off....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh LMAO thats funny sailorwifenmom
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• some of the things that annoyed me was when one of his brothers girlfriend saw a picture of my son on his myspace said that my son looked just like her son(his brothers son) and his neice when my son was seven months then when my son was a new born husbands mom showed a pic of his nephew to my mom and my mom said they looked idenitical to each other mind you my son dont look nothing like his nephew. and when i asked my mom about it she said they didnt really look alike. and then theres the one that annoys me everytime i say it. my son has a somewhat curly hair in the back of his head and i told my husband that i had that and he said well my dad and my brother had curly hair to. mind you i have a pic of when i was his age just waking up with the same hair. so i told him well i didnt have your brothers or dad's baby. so i think my husband wants my son to look just like him which he already does look like my husband but has me to
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ha ha i feel you on that. The day my dd was born the first thing that came out of my MIL mouth was how much she looked like my BIL. Mind you my dh and bil don't even look related in fact my dh husband looks like neither his mom nor his dad. I let it go until she pissed me off enough. but even after that when we are at their house visiting its always oh your a daddy's girl and buying her tshirts n sh#@ that have my hubby's pic on it like he is the only parent. And the irony of it all is that she isn't a daddy's girl she rather be with me than her father because he would only spend time with her if he has to. Dont sweat it its just ignornace on their part. Karma is a B@#$%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009