Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ending relationship?

If you wanted to break up with someone that you have been dating for over a year. And you know that the relationship is not working now, nor will it work in the future. In fact, you can't even see having a future with this man. Would you go to the extreme and act as if you "fell of the face of the earth"?...just to get it over with for good!


Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I had a boyfriend that I was with for 2 years. I broke up with him the first time and he said "no" (LOL). The second time I was more direct and said "dude, we're done. I can't do this anymore, I've explained this to you already." He said "no" again and then proceeded to remind me how much his mother loved me and I would be breaking her heart if I left him (I really did like his mom). I ended up having to block him from my phone and all of my online stuffs (like instant messenger) so that he could see he wasn't going to gain control over me and my decision by saying "no." It takes two willing people to be in a relationship, no one can force you to do it. If your SO is behaving this way, helping him adjust to being single again by not answering his calls etc. may be the only way. When he chills out, you can go back to being cordial and/or friends.

    Answer by NovemberLove at 1:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • Ummm no. You've spent over a year with that person, and they deserve to hear it from you plain and simple. You wouldn't want them to do it to you would you....actually lol I guess that would be alright, it might make it easier!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • You should WOMAN up and tell him that you are breaking up. Falling off the face of the Earth is mean and leaves a person always wondering what may have happened.

    Pick a semi-public place to avoid a long drawn out seen and just rip that bandaid off in the kindest possible way.... you don't want Relatioship Karma to get you.

    Answer by Niki_sd at 1:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • Well, I have WOMAN'd up to him before....But, he's not getting the message...So?




    Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • Tell him you met someone else

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • If you END something....then you END it... no going back and forth.

    You tell him it is over, then that's more taking his phone calls, avoid places you know he will be and do not meet with/sleep with him at all, do not look for him on matter what.

    Then the relationship will end.

    Answer by Niki_sd at 1:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • I would def just LEAVE. Get as far away as possible.And if he is crazy like wont leave you alone get a restraining order. If theres no future do whatever you have to do! GL!

    Answer by JmgBlair at 2:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • I would step up and tell him. But, if you've told him, then it's his problem. As long as you've given him the courtesy of an answer, then it's his problem if he doesn't like the answer.

    If he keeps calling, wanting to see you, wanting to talk about it, etc. and you don't want to, then all you have to do is say "I'm sorry, but we've already talked about it. You know how I feel, and I'm not going to change my mind on this. I don't think it's healthy for either of us to keep hashing it out over and over. I wish you well in your life, goodbye". Then hang up, walk away, etc.

    Now, if you see him at a party, out in town, etc, and he's not trying to re-hash things or talk about it or get back with you or whatever, there's no reason you can't be polite and make small talk or whatever.

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • I just say "This isn't working for me". I keep it plain and simple.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009