What should i do

Didn't know where to post this, I was just on my countys sex offender registry because i have a 2 year old daughter and like to know those things and while looking on it i found my boss had been convicted of child molestation ahhhh!! How can i go to work and face hime knowing that i am appalled and disgusted what do i do??

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 1:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time to start job hunting....this would creep me out. Call me paranoid, but I would not want to work for someone that was on the list who knew my address and that I had a child.

As long as you work there, I would take down any photos you may have of your daughter and make sure you aren't taking her to any 'work functions'. Keep all precautions for your child.

However, I DO NOT think you should gossip about this at work or in any way destroy this man's life. He has served his time and is obviously following his punishment that you found him on the registry. Keep in mind also that there are some people on the registry for satutory rape of say an 18 yo having sex with a 16 yo whose parents pressed chargers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OMG! i'm so sorry! are you certain this is your boss, btw, what kind of business is he in?
    undercovermomma

Answer by undercovermomma at 1:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i definately agree w everything the first poster said.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i am positive it was my boss had his pic and everything and his charge was molestion of a child
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 1:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Wow. That would be so difficult to work with someone like that. I guess it depends on how well you like this job and how well you are being paid. The economy is so horrible jobs are becoming really hard to find! Good luck. And stay away from that creep!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 2:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• A person can never be too safe. I defenitley agree with the first poster to take down pictures of your daughter if you have any up. But then is not being able to do things how you normally would going to raise questions or make you uncomfortable. People like to look at their kids while they work...helps get them through the day. Are you going to be able to respect the man as your boss?Can you work for someone you don't respect?
    numama7

Answer by numama7 at 4:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would def. do like the pp and find another job. Just wondering, but how old was the child? On my state's sex offender website there is a section called something like Offenses and it tells the child's age. DEFINITELY NOT DEFENDING THIS CREEP, but a lot of people had relationships with underaged girls in their mid to late teens and they're still on the list. But no matter what, I'd find a new job. I couldn't look my boss in the eye without thinking how disgusting he really is and wanting to sock him in the jaw.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009