do you allow your child on nickjr.com to play games?????do u limit the time????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We actually bought a Dora game off of nickjr.com for my daughter. She sits on my lap and plays it with me, maybe an hour or so a week. It's not often, and I like to sit with her and talk about the different stuff, to make it more educational and interactive.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have never let my son play games from nickjr.com. ...but that doesnt mean i'm opposed to it. it depends on what game. ...but typically when i allow him to play any kind of game on the computer the time is limited.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have found nickjr.com to be a very healthy, learning experience for my 5 year old daughter. We don't watch a lot of T.V. but I'm a computer mom, so I am all for exposing my children to the wonderful world wide web.
    I allow an hour at a time, maybe 3 times a week.
    I used to sit with her, to help her through the activities, but now she plays on her own.
    We also allow our 2 year old to play games on sesamestreet We sit with him, and work through the alphabet games, and it's a great learning experience.
    janaeva

Answer by janaeva at 11:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The only time I let my children play on nickjr.com was when we were on vacation and I realized I hadn't brought enough toys with us. Other than that, not at all. Its nothing against nick jr, its just that I don't allow my children to play on the computer.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My son is 6 and has been playing on the computer in general for about the last 3 to 4 years on and off. My husband and I play World of Warcraft at present, and before WoW it was EverQuest (that is how we met infact), and so natually our son gravitates toward the computer and we have never held him back from playing on it as long as we know what he is doing and is following the rules we laid out then he is fine. And yes, he is allowed at nickjr.com, playhousedisney.com, and sproutonline.com. All 3 are kid friendly and a good way for kids to start learning. My son also plays WoW occasionally, and he has to follow the rules we set down for it or he doesn't play.
    Solera

Answer by Solera at 2:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes and yes. Nick Jr. games are pretty cool + there are the storie etc.etc.
    I think its important to expose our kids to computers and let them feel comfortable navigating around as soon as possible b/c they live in a tech world even more than we do.
    BUT.... everything in moderation. On the weekends for an hour (non consecutive-- they take 10-15 min turns) is enough.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• oh we also love starfall, PBS not so cool with disney -- to hard to navigate.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009