How can I relax with a 2 year old to chase after at home?

I am 24 wks pregnant and have been having issues with low blood sugar. The doctors said to rest and stay out of the heat. How can I rest or relax with a 2 year old and no one else to watch him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can't... LOL In all honestly though, just take time for you.. If you need a breather, take it. I gated my daughters room for her to play and her room was absolutely 100% kid friendly, so I would gate the door and sit down for a few minutes and breathe.. Also make and ENFORCE naptime.. 2 year olds still need naps, don't know if your's still naps, but if not, start and that's a BIG time for you.. Clean after bedtime at nite, take a long hot bath and curl into bed yourself.. Other than that, that's about it :)
    shamernadi

Answer by shamernadi at 2:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Nap time for the child is a must...I've been in your situation...but then again my boys take 3 hour naps. Also have a set bedtime around 7 or 8. You have to get them into a routine...that is the only way to have relaxation time
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 2:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I started my 2 year old. on a routine before I got pregnant and its been a life saver.....we nap from noon to 2 and bedtime is 7 no compromises.Start a solid routine..it will help alot....make sure you plan PLENTY of rest time for you when you make a schedule
    s_newton86

Answer by s_newton86 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Same boat Lady -- I have a 19 month old and I am 32 weeks pregnant -- and like the other Moms have said - Nap time is a must and a regular bed time. By the time I hit the sack believe me I am exhausted but I realize that I am going to be exhausted for about the next 4-5 years - so hey want the heck - LOL!!! But seriously - take a nap when your toddler naps and don't overdue anything (I have a tendency to do this- 'cause I am a organizational nut!) My husband works nights so most times I am alone too -- but just take it easy - do what you can - rest when you can - and don't ever sweat the small stuff!!!
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• Oh and by the way for the low blood sugar - make sure you eat at regular intervals and fill up on protein - it will help the situation.
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2008