anyone have verizon??

i've had my verizon phone for about a year and the touch screen is always getting screwed up.. i've already had to send my phone to the manufacturer and get a new one. but it's still screwed up. so i went to the verizon store today because i was just going to get a total different phone but they said i can't until my contract has reached 20 months and if i wanted a new phone id have to pay the full retail cost. which i think is BS. the phone i wanted was only $80 in the store but the full retail cost is like $200. does anyone know a way around this? i was thinking about just putting my contract on hold (so id only have to pay like $5 a month) then just start a whole new contract with a different phone..

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Shopping

• Skip the store...go to verizon.com and you can see your account info for yourself. My husband got ripped off in the store bc they work on commission and you cannot see your account details. A friend told me to go on line and I was able to get my phone for $20 + tax (on the full retail price)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I just saw this guy on 60 minutes and he said don't call or go in to the store you have a problem with, write a letter to the owner, head guy of Verizon. He said to begin the letter by saying how much you like verizon but you have had a prob that you can't get resolved and that you want to remain a happy customer......etc etc etc.....it may take you awhile but your'e gonna have to wait 20mos anyway. Good luck
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009