SO GOING ALONG WITH THE PRO -LIFE VS PRO CHOICE

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF PLAN B??? IS IT THE SAME THING AS ABORTION TO YOU?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It takes 72 hours for conception to take place and the plan b pill will NOT work after 72 hours
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I see no problem with Plan B as long as it is not used as the primary source of birth control (it isn't good for your body to use it in that way). Basically, it is one large dose of the oral contraceptive that people on "the pill" take each day (just in smaller doses). When taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, it can help PREVENT pregnancy by making the egg infertile. I am against abortion but have no problem with Plan B because it prevents pregnancy, it will not terminate an existing pregnancy.

Abortion ends a pregnancy, Plan B prevents it. They're honestly two very different things.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Anon is innaccurate.

I have had EXTENSIVE discussions about conception with my infertility doctor. The sperm can enter the egg within HOURS of intercourse. Usually their are two cells within the egg (one with the sperms genetic material and one with the eggs). They can merge within 8 hours. IMO that means that Plan B is an early abortion pill because you don't KNOW what has happened, it's all too small for you to have known. And you wont know until you get to heaven someday.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm with Novemberlove.

madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 3:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Think about it this way, head on over to the TTC forums...they will tell you the truth that once you ovulate that egg is going to disentegrate by 48 hours, sometimes within 24 of ovulation. That is why you BD "babydance" the day before and day of ovulation.

The only thing that will keep that egg from disintegrating is the sperm entering that egg.

When you do an IVF cycle they call you when you know how many eggs fertilized the same day of the retrieval - the same DAY they can tell you which ones have completely joined nuclei.

The "embryo" has its own genetic code at that point - so plan B would and could either kill or damage this baby. It is potential abortion.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 3:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't have a problem with plan B it prevents pregnancy not ends it

trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 3:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• HELLO does anyone even acknowweldge what I have said about Plan B or are they just going with rhetoric?
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 3:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• They believe the government and FDA could never lie to them (snicker snicker)
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• hey can merge within 8 hours. IMO that means that Plan B is an early abortion pill because you don't KNOW what has happened, it's all too small for you to have known

The flaw with your theory is the assumption that you can take Plan B and not end up pregnant a week later. That's not how it works. If you take Plan B after it's too late, you're still pregnant. You also assume that there's even a conception to prevent.

I would like to know how "effective" the pill really is considering there isn't a pregnancy to prevent every time there's a "contraceptive failure." People don't get pregnant every single time, any TTC mom can attest to that, so odds are against it having to be effective most of the time. Then there are the cases where people take it after it's too late. In the grand scheme, I wonder how many actual real pregnancies it even prevents.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is another form of abortion in my book. Same as the birth control pill. Anything that stops a fertilized egg from implanting is aborting a baby.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2009