How am I ever supposed to go anywhere??!??

My 3 month old screams when he is in his car seat. It is so extremely stressful I can barely concentrate on driving. I feel like I should become a recluse and never leave my house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son hates his car seat also. We got a toy bar and it occupies him for the most part. Whenever he starts crying we just push the button that makes music. Also singing to him helps allot because they love to hear your voice since they can't see you. Oh and the binky. Good luck!
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 2:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It's kind of like a catch 22. You have to take your baby out more for them to be happy in the car but getting to that point sucks. When my son was like that I would feed him first then change his diaper and then hurry up and leave because he would fall asleep. Of course there are times when you just have to leave...i'd just turn the music up. There would be times that I'd go to the fire station to have dinner with my husband and it was a 15 min drive and my son would cry the whole way...I just had to let him cry and now he's totally fine. But you cant stay cooped up b/c of your baby
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• And this too shall pass....My daughter was the same way. I dreaded going anywhere. My MIL told me to wait until she turned four months and it would all stop. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but she stopped four months...
    actress

Answer by actress at 2:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We went through the same thing! One day my husband put in an Al Green cd to tune her out. The first song was Lets Get It On. Within in seconds she was quiet. For months we would panic if we couldn't find it!

Find a favorite song, sing to her, make sure she is comfortable.

Good luck! I know it is awful!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Mine has learned that if he spits up I will take him out to change him. He is only 3 months old. Once we start driving he is fine, but he HATES his carseat. I got him a toy bar, but he only looks at it right now.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 3:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• . I don't have a car so I have no idea but my sister swore by a bottle that hung odd the carseat

http://bottlebuggy.com/
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i feel the same....
    sunshyne251

Answer by sunshyne251 at 5:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My 14 month old screams in hers too. Earplugs are a godsend for the driver.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My son was like this until he was about a year old. Everything and anything we tried just did not work. Now he's 6 1/2 and wants to go everywhere. I understand how stressful it is to drive when your child is screaming or crying but, it will get better.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ugh that bottle thing is disgusting to me.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2009