How do I get my two year old to sleep in his own bed at night!?

My husband and I are being kicked to death at night and we have tried everything to get our son to sleep in his own bed. We fixed his room up, he has his own tv and we decorated his room thinking that he would want to sleep in there. He has a car bed which we also thought he would think was cool and sleep in it. But everynight he screams MOMMY AND DADDY BED! We try getting him to sleep them putting him in his room but right as we are about to put him in his bed he starts screaming. Put him back in our bed and hes right back to sleep. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JmgBlair

Asked by JmgBlair at 2:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good luck! My three year old has slept in our bed since she came home from the hospital. Now my two month old is in the bed with us. I wake up with all kinds of cramps and crooks. Our three year old is afraid to sleep alone. My MIL said that my husband was the same way(when he was a baby), but when his younger brother turned 8 mths, he slept in his own room with the brother. I'm hoping that they will sleep together when my youngest gets a little older.
    actress

Answer by actress at 2:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009