Does your husband understand that you just can't do things the same after you had kids?

Like the fact that everything takes longer and everything is harder? Before running out to pick up a pizza could take maybe 10 minutes. Now I gotta take the toddler pee, make sure the baby is fed, make sure the baby has a clean diaper, take the toddler pee again, get the toddler's shoes and jacket on, find the toddler's sippy cup and fill it up, change the baby's diaper again, put the baby in his carseat, put the toddler in his carseat. Drive to the pizza place while singing to the kids and putting the baby's pacifier back in his mouth every 30 seconds. Get out of the car, take the toddler out of his carseat, take the baby out of his car seat, hurry and find the pizza place's restroom before the toddler pees his pants, pick up the pizza, figure out a way to hold the pizza and the baby and the toddler's hand while crossing the parking lot. Driving home repeating the singing and pacifier replacement. Continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get home, take the toddler out of his carseat, take the baby out of his carseat, carry in the baby and pizza, stop and help the toddler up when he falls on the sidewalk. Then I get home and my husband says, "What took you so long? I am starving"

He seems to expect that I will be able to do all the things I used to in the time that I used to all while trying to care for two young children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• why couldnt the kids stay home with him? I say either he get the pizza or watch the kids. My DH is the same way, doesnt realize how much work it is now lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• That's what I'm saying. Why couldn't the baby and the toddler stay home with him? What's he doing that's so important besides being hungry?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LMAO!! This is so true! This is almost exactly what it is like for me to leave the house!!! I agree Mikayla lynn, but I think she was just giving an example. I know my husband is always annoyed when he wants to go somewhere and "I" am not ready. He doesn't understand that I am getting three people ready to go now, not just me. He trys to help....but sometimes it isn't quite helpful.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my guess is one of there three:
    1. Video games
    2. computer
    3. NOTHING
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Or when your in a hurry and they try to help by grabbing whatever baby clothes are closets...regardless of wether they match or not. My hubby grabbed a tank top while it was snowing one time HA HA....Id rather get them ready on my own lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LOL @ Mikayla lynn. Probably. Men are so stubborn and selfish. At least mine is....:P
    LadySade

Answer by LadySade at 2:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have done everything I did before without much fuss. I am not a martyr trying to make it seem I have it rough though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My dh is the same way, I almost allways take 3 out 4 with me. I went to wal mart to get ink for my printer, it should have taken me 30-45 mins, I was gone for 3 hrs. 2 of the boys had money and they had to spend it before we left. Deven wanted 2 games but could only buy one, so that took about 40 mins of switching back in forth, than Jacob couldnt figure out what he wanted, so up and down every toy isle. And of course we have to spend ALL the money. lol Then my 6 y/o has to pee while we are standing in line and my 10 y/o wont take him and the RR was right there just across from the register. 6y/o will fight me till he is blue in the face and will not use the ladys room. By this time my 16m is trying to crawl out of the cart and ppl are starring at me b/c he is screaming. Then when I get home i hear the old what took you so long, where else did you go, you werent at wal mart for 2 1/2 hrs, you took them to eat, NO i didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Why do you do all of this? Either have him go for the pizza or have him do the child care. Why do so many of you empower your husbands (or SO's) to not have to be responsible. They don't watch the children because you treat them as if they don't have the ability to. They do, they can and they are usually very good at it. Don't have a heart attack if you come home and they have done it their way. Who said your way is the end-all/be-all to parenting. This is suppose to be a partnership. Let him be a partner!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009