Which is the better pet Dog or Cat or Etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pets

• I have had both, but hubby afraid of cats lol, so now it is I say a dog.
    1carlasue

Answer by 1carlasue at 3:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• depends on your house and family. i have a dog and a cat. we love both( lol better i love both my hubby hates our dog)
    1MoodyMom

Answer by 1MoodyMom at 3:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My dogs don't poop in my house, even if we go away for hours. The cats tend to like to poop in our closets. My horses are awesome! I vote dogs,1 horses 2 cats,0!! They are affectionate, but they stink!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 3:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well, if you truly want either one, obviously it needs to be very kind with babies and be house trained. My hubbs doesn't want to get a cat, because the thinks the cat would suck out the breath because of the milk smell in their breath. I however, think that is a myth. It really depends on what kind of person YOU are, a DOG person or a CAT person? I am more of a CAT person. Every family is different :).
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 3:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Both. I have cats and dogs.

I have the opposite problem as Aprilmorgans...Cats don't poop on the floor, but the dogs do (not often) because they have to wait to be taken out. I don't have any rugs or carpet though, and I think that makes a difference. Cats will use the bathroom on carpet, rugs with rubber backing, plastic bags etc. because there is a chemical that smells to them like a cat box. I have had rugs...and the cats pooped and peed on them. I don't use them any more. I also don't leave anything stored in plastic bags on the floor. I have one cat that will pee on dirty laundry if it is on the floor because she can smell the BO and thinks it's a toilet. If they go once on carpet it is difficult to get the smell out - even if you can't smell it - and they will keep going there.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I won't have a cat, after I found out how much bacteria they have in their mouths I almost got sick.... I don't want that around my kids. Dogs are smart, or at least ours are and they can lick a wound and it will heal, not get infected....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• dogs.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I say dogs...but of course, I have always been more of a dog person and was raised with dogs, so my answer might be a bit biased. LOL. It's really more of a personal preference thing though. Depends on what you and your family prefer.
    angelsweet84

Answer by angelsweet84 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Both are great but dogs require alot more work while cats are pretty self sufficient. It's pretty expensive to board a dog while your away but a cat you can just put a big bowl of food and water out and you're good to go.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a rabbit, she weighs 8 lbs. she's litter trained, she doesn't bite, and she's so friendly. I adopted her from a shelter. She runs the house freely all day, it's just like having a dog or cat, but with a little less work I think. She even loves my kids. But she is an exeptional rabbit, if you do think about getting one, make sure you handle it to be sure it's friendly, some rabbits are mean.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009