Birth Control

Ok So I just started the Depo shot. Now im not hearing very good things about it. I just want to wait a year before trying again. Should I have picked a different form of BC? I cant remember to take the pill every night and I guess im just wondering what the best bc would be if I was looking to start ttc in a year or two. and what are you views on the depo shot?

JmgBlair

Asked by JmgBlair at 3:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• I think the patch and the shot are the two worst kids of birth control. IUD aren't very good either. I would suggest the pill and have an alarm or soemthing to get you to remember to take it. I've heard ok things about Nuva Ring but I just think there all bad in general.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was on Depo for about 3 years. During that time, in my experience, I could NOT get and orgasm. With every woman, it is different. But that was MY problem, now I am using Mirena. And it is the BEST, I used the pill also. NOT one of my best either! (Sorry, I'm NOT trying to sound like a total BITCH; but I am a bit buzzed at the moment) But with birth control, I've only tried three methods and the Mirena is the BEST I have been on. I don't have to worry about a pill I have to take at a certain time OR about not climaxing EVER. Although, I do sometimes worry about that epcoptic pregnancy thing. :/ What birth control DOES NOT have a con in it anyways?? If anyone else knows, PLEASE let me know! :)
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 3:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am currently taking the pill, but I've heard that Mirena/IUD is a pretty safe way to go. The thing I seemed to run into when looking at the shot was that it may take a while for your body to get back on track to start conceiving. That may interfer with any plans you may have. I only know one person who is using Mirena and she was pretty hormonal (moody) for the first month until her body got used to it. Also, her partner as felt it a few times during the act, which bothered him a bit.
    numama7

Answer by numama7 at 4:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was on it for 5 year adn never had a problem, in fact I am going back on it in a few months.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009