What religion are you and what does your religion believe in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Pagan. Although that is a general term for most poly-theists, to me I believe that there are many different Gods, they are created out of the 'All' which is all the energy in the universe.
    As for a morel code I believe you reap what you sow. I am a deeply moral and ethical person and my faith helps me in that. The moral code of my faith in in fact "Harm none"
    I also believe that there is not 'right' path. Pagans are both on the Earth and of it. We are an Earth based religion.
    I believe there is both an after life and in reincarnation, I believe that we have many lives in which to learn what the Earth has to teach.
    I guess that is a very basic over view of what I believe but they only give 1000 characters to describe something I have been studying a very long time. If you want to know more please feel free to ask :)
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• "God works in MYSTERIOUS ways"...cliche, I know. However, that IS what I believe in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am a Pagan as well. We do have a high sense of moral standard. We do not blame anyone or anything for any wrong doing that we have against another. We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions positive or negative. We do ask our God and or Goddess to walk with us when we need the extra focus on our intent. We do our best to help those in need no matter their beliefs. Many of us heal through helping people focus on their inner beings. We listen to everyone that needs an ear, again regardless of their faith. We do not convert anyone to our path. We view pushing others into our path as harm and that goes against our law of "harm none"

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Gnostic Christian

I am a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ in the sense that he is our master teacher and he is the example of what we should be. Gnostic means to be a seeker of knowledge and spiritual truth. I believe our spiritual truth lies within, not "out there somewhere". I think the Bible is a great spiritual book but not a steadfast rule book. It is not the "Word of GOD" but a collection of stories written by men about what they think about GOD. I believe in a Mother and Father duality to GOD. I do not believe in a hell or a devilish figure of any kind. We are here in the physical to learn and experience for ourselves and GOD and we will ALWAYS return to Heaven when our lifetime here is over. GOD's love for us is UNCONDITIONAL. There are no boundaries. If you want to know more about my belief, feel free to visit my page and view the movies. GOD/DESS BLESS!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am a secular humanist (atheist). I believe in the ability of science to answer my questions and in Mother Earth and her ability to continue on even if we disappear. I believe in the interconnectedness of EVERYTHING on and around our planet- including our soil. Webs are not *fragile* and they are mend-able however- it can become a lot less *comfortable* for us than it currently is. And it isn't that *comfortable* ALREADY for a good portion of the humans on this planet... in the end, we may just discover the HARD WAY that we are not *supreme beings* after all; merely animals, and need to *tend our garden* more carefully, so to speak...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am a Christian naturalist because it is the only belief that makes sense as far as what I believe to be true.I don't believe Jesus meant for us to hate everyone who was not like us.We do have a few mystics that we read words from and take to heart and some of the bible but we do not believe in a sadistic God that would want us to live our lives with constant pain and suffering.We believe your actions, whether intentional or not ,bring on things that happen.We don't think there is a little guy in a red suit and horns running around causing chaos.We respect all living creatures from a blade of grass to the dinosaurs.And most of all,we believe in divine intervention instead of human intervention BUT ,if you take your kid to the doctor ,you do not get kicked out or anything.We are not a club.You are allowed to have your own beliefs too.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am a Christian with no denomonation. Meaning I'm not a spacific kind of Christian. I belive in God and his son our savior Jesus Christ. I belive in going to church if you feel that you want or need to know more about God and his son. I also belive that we are in the end of times. But I also do not preach to others. I dont belive in taking a bible and going door to door and bothering people in their own homes. If someone is ment to know about God then he will make it happen. Though I do belive that if your holy spirit is telling you to tell someone about God, then you should do so. I also belive in Hell, and its leader. I belive if we fuck up and dont repent about it then yes we will go to hell. But that dosent mean we can "purposly" fuck up, repent and do it all over again. If you do that then I belive you wont be forgivin. I think I coverd it... if you have questions then ask, and I will do my best to help you.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You sound a little like a Christian Deist mommy.I think the only difference between you and them is that they believe God created earth and left it for us to take care of until the birth of Jesus and then we were to follow his teachings.I don't know,it just does not fit me so,that is not my belief but it is close to what you believe though ,it sounds like.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• And to the OP.I am not trying to be funny but............well.............yes I am .Anyway,someone asked my niece what her religion was and she said prozac.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can say Im eclectic pagan/new age.

I have a variety of beliefs. I believe in a male and female diety. I see them more as energy then a physical type being. I believe in rebirth as we all have lessons to learn that we set up for ourselves long ago. I believe in honoring nature and doing good.
    I believe in magick and the wiccan law of 3 and the wiccan rede and sabbats.

Thats some of it anyway.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009