Dog fur

Its everywhere no matter how often I sweep wipe dust. Lab dog . how do you decrease it at least?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pets

• Same problem here - White Shepherd. We even get hair in the fish tank filter. There isn't much you can do except sweep, sweep, sweep. I sweep with a broom and then use the vacuum to get the hair that gathers around chair legs etc. and sometimes follow up with a dust mop. I don't have any carpet or rugs. To keep hair off of your clothing use fabric softener sheets. They really work great. You can rub a fabric softener sheet over items that you can't put in the washer - such as coats and upholstered furniture -to keep some of the hair from sticking. We also brush the dog outside ( the birds nests outside are lined with fur).

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I feel your pain i have a huskey and his fur is everywhere with all his shedding and winter coat coming off there are chunks of hair all over my house the stairs (which has carpet) the clothes couches beds floors ect so i get him and my other dog shaved every summer or whenever i have money to take them. only thing i can say is brush your dog everyday or shave him depending on the weather there of course
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 5:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a sheltie,so it is a losing battle.I brush,brush,brush,cry,brush,vaccuum,sweep,cry brush,just a furry cycle.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Our Lhasanese sheds like crazy a couple of times a year. I have a Furminator brush that helps a bit, and I use a de-shedding shampoo. We tried a supplement in her food, but she'd always leave it in her bowl.

For now, lint rollers, swiffers and the vaccuum are our friends.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We have 2 large German Shepherds, I have the shed treatment done on them at the groomers every 2 months and it's still fur world at our house... We just remodeled and I argued with my hubby about getting hard floorsin the whole house and only got it in the main part of the house, kithen, living room, dining room... The bedrooms all have carpet but the dogs aren't allowed to lay around in those rooms... They can come and go but no laying down,lol And when we're gone all the doors are closed to those rooms... It's a losing battle, those dogs are lucky I love them or they would be living outside!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a collie so I feel for you. I have found that using an undercoat rake (similar to the furminator) has helped quite a bit. She still sheds, but it doesn't seem like there is as much hair on my carpet or couch. Good luck :-)
    angelsweet84

Answer by angelsweet84 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Labs are one of the worst shedders amongst other breeds.. there really isnt anything you can do or give to a dog to make it decrease or to make it stop. The best thing you can do is to clean everyday, brush your dog as much as possible... or i know someone who actually shaves their lab in the summer to temporarily deal with the shedding. If you have money for a pet dyson go for it cuz they work!!!
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 12:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a corgi and it seems like ever time I brush him I get enough hair for a whole nother dog--twice a week!
    Anonymous

• thanks laddies, I guess its just keep cleaning lol. until someone comes up with something new .
    1carlasue

Answer by 1carlasue at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009