dose the plan b pill count as a pregnancy?

I have had 2 miscarriages and after the second my doc said to wait a out 6 months b4 tryin again. Well on our annaversy we had unprotected sex(which I know was careless but I can't go back) so I called the doc office and got a diff doc and he said plan b was a good solution. I went back for a fallow up and my doc that it counted a pregnancy which made me cry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• Well, I myself; does not believe that Plan B is not a miscarriage. Although, it is your very own belief. If you plan to use Plan B. It is your own choice. I don't think that is a 'miscarriage'. I think that it is a choice up until about, when they form a boy of their own. Harsh, I'm sorry. But that is what I believe in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It says on the box that it will not terminate an already existing pregnancy. So I would think that if you had gotten pregnant from that night of sex the Plan B wouldn't have stopped it. At least that's how my doctor explained it to me. I'm not sure how that pill works though.
    numama7

Answer by numama7 at 4:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Plan B will not terminate a pregnancy is the egg has been fertilized and implanted. It works to prevent ovulation, of if tha fails, to prevent implantation. I would want to know just why my doctor said that "counts" as a pregnancy. It's not a pregnancy. It PREVENTS pregnancy. And who knows, if you didn't take it, you may not have even gotten pregnant anyway. I htink your doctor was insensitive, and I'd let him know what he said was upsetting, and ask for clarification.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2009