what is the rapture?

What is it and what does it mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What excatly do your mean???....I was told, I had a rapture; but only when I was in labor..? Did your doc tell ya that you had a rapture??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LOL pp. I had a rapture too when I pushed to hard with my first child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The rapture is when Jesus returns for a second time and calls his believes home with him. No one knows when this will be, although some may claim to. We may know the "season" but not the "hour". You want to know Jesus before this happens

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess, 4:16-18).

Following the rapture and the signing of a treaty with Isreal a 7 year tribulation will begin for those left on earth.

Here is a website with various timelines and bible references:

http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Timeline/IIndex.html
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 4:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ummm I believe the OP is talking about the end times.
    this si what I found on the internet

"The Second Coming of Christ will occur in stages. First, He will remove all Christians from the Earth, to protect them. This is called "The Rapture." The term comes from the Latin verb raptare, and the Greek word harpizo, both meaning "to be caught up" or "to be snatched up." Jesus will "snatch us" out of harm's way. "
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can find out by going to religioustolerance.org
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• A scare tactic!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Something to scare people into giving billy graham money.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LMAO {LARANADTONY}
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• what is up with all the scare tactic post? what is the rapture, would you die for God? once again the followers are using fear to control the masses. Not working is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Fear only promotes violence.It does not save any souls.That is silly.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2009