My two year old is throwing up. Please help

She has been puking about every 20 minutes for the last couple of hours. This seems very excessive to me, but I'm not sure as I have never dealt with this before. Should I bring her in?
Please don't bash-it's been a long night! Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her fluids, and call her doctor. Is she running a fever? My kids do this, and it was the stomach flu, and it just has to run it is course. Just give them fluids, sprite, soup, jello, and check their temps. But again it depends on the symptoms...
    vomitting, diaherra, fever? aches,
    hope she feels better..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Give her fluids a little at a time. Pedialite is a good choice. Try a couple of table spoons at a time. Even gatoraide is better than nothing. It will be a long night Mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thank you sooo much ladies! I just called ask-a-nurse and she recommended the same things. Poor baby:(
    Thanks again for your help and speedy replies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree with the ideas that they gave you. One of the things you can do if you run out of the pedialight is give water with a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt with some lemon or other flavor. (I used lemonade koolaid and made a pitcher and added a little bit of salt.) When my dad was very sick, as he was frequently we would slice a lemon and juice it and put it and one teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt to a glass of icewater. It was very weak, but one of the few things he could keep down. Baby sips!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My boys both just went through this...there is a stomach flu/virus going around.

In addition ot the advice above, once they pretty much stopped vomiting, I gave them each a teaspoon (using a pediatric medicine syringe) of non-prescription Cherry flavored Emetrol for nausea and vomiting. THIS REALLY WORKED! You can give them a dose about every 4 hours, and before going to bed. You can get it anywhere...Walgreens, CVS, most larger supermarkets, and it is sweet tasting, not at all bitter!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009