Ok..how do you deal with stress?

I have a lot of stress lately. I am having nightmares, can't sleep. I have very serious health issues so sleep is essential for me. I believe in tackling problems head on, but how do you pay bills with no money? I have been trying to get a job for so long. I do know I have it better then others, but still I am so crazy worried. Please, any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm so sorry things are so hard right now. I don't have a good answer for your actual problems, but for the stress I'd say take a deep breath, have a cup of hot tea, and just try not to think about any of this from the time you pour the tea to the time you finish the cup. Just relax for five minutes. Maybe when you are done with the tea, if you are comfortable with this, then say a prayer. If you are not into praying, then just give yourself a strong affirmation like "I am strong enough to get through this" or "This too shall pass." Good luck, I know you'll come through!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i know how you feel life sux these days and i just go on take care of my family the best i can and pray that something good happens soon. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We have to work on how we react to stress. Don't let the stress be the boss. It is normal to react with panic and grinding our teeth and tightening our stomach muscles and our back and neck muscles. So what we can do is to be aware when we do these things. When you notice your neck muscles tightening, relax them, and so forth. When you notice your heart rate speeding up, relax and let it slow down. Practice relaxing so that you know the difference between relaxed and tense. A relaxation exercise that is also good to do when you are lying down trying to sleep is to relax each part of your body from your toes to your head, breathing slowly and thinking only of the exercise. - both mind and body must be involved, and the breath under control. Here is a brief description (con't)

Answer by Bmat at 7:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• (cont'd)
    Breathe in and out slowly. Relax your toes. breathe. Relax the bottoms of your feet. breathe. relax the tops of your feet. the ankles, the lower leg, the knee... and so forth. keeping the slow breathing, and on every exhale visualize that you are breathing out tension.

Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 7:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I've been to a therapist for many years and she taught me self-meditation that has worked wonders! It is so simple and not too involved. Perhaps you could visit a therapist a few times to talk things out or research online how to do self-meditation.
    I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so am on prescription medications, but I still need to self-meditate in order to bring my stress levels down to a tolerable level.
    I wish you all the best.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009