How to budget for child support?Stepmom role>

My boyfriend and I are looking at houses and making the next step. He has to start paying child support soon. How do you work out child support payments, mortgage, monthly bills etc.? I make significantly more money than he does, after he pays child support and he has huge legal bills to payback, this will leave little money to contribute to the household. I am willing to share all the expenses and I knew getting into this relaionship would bring financial obligations on his part, what do others do? My last marraige without kids it was a fight to split the bills, I don't want to do the seperate and apat thing again, but I also don't want to be stupid...help!

ADi0221

Asked by ADi0221 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• i made WAY more than my ex ... so what we did was he paid his fines and small bills like our cell phones and electric ... i payed bigger bills , rent , car note , cable ... and he also put gas in the cars ... just figure out , choose bills u can afford , or split the cost of them down the middle ... i think its easier to just choose bills u can pay ... does his child support get takin out of his pay? if it does and u still cant afford things than he needs to get a better job or work more hours
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009