How would you feel if 14% of jobs from the Stimulus went to Illegal Aliens?

Do you think this is part of the 3-4 millions jobs Obama is trying to save OR create?
~~~~~~~~~
LOS ANGELES — Tens of thousands of jobs created by the economic stimulus law could end up filled by illegal immigrants, particularly in big states such as California where undocumented workers are heavily represented in construction, experts on both sides of the issue say.
Studies by two conservative think tanks estimate immigrants in the United States illegally could take 300,000 construction jobs, or 15% of the 2 million jobs that new taxpayer-financed projects are predicted to create.
They fault Congress for failing to require that employers certify legal immigration status of workers before hiring by using a Department of Homeland Security program called E-Verify. The program allows employers to check the validity of Social Security numbers provided by new hires. It is available to employers on a voluntary basis.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think it is wrong. Soon they will run this country! I went to a meeting that had to do with my children's religious education and needed a translator...I am in the USA and needed someone to translate things to me in English..something wrong with this picture!
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The USA does not have a native language. That is one of the things that makes this country so wonderful.

As for the original questions.. It sucks that jobs will be taken away from the citizens but honestly who didn't expect this when we saw what types of jobs this would open up. The only people who will get jobs are those in a trade. I think it's time that more people develop them so that we can keep the jobs.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• That's sucks !!!!!! Give us AMERICANS jobs first !!!!!!!! We are hurting !!!! The illegals need to go back to their own countries !!!! I'd pay to have them all removed!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't get how any illegals get paid jobs besides housekeeping etc.. In our office there a hugh sign that shows we have to provide Drivers License and birth certificate. Here to get a DL you need a SS# (Not a green card #). I think if we ship them all back rather then this oh they have a family here or there baby is here we be better off. If they want to live here so bad then do what everyone else does become a citizen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think we should use some of the stimulus money to round them up and ship them back where they came from. Then use some more to hire more ICE agents and border patrol. AND we need to STOP putting border patrol agents in jail for doing their jobs (especially while simultaneously giving the illegals they were trying to stop immunity)!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

they get jobs by getting false papers. I used to work for an insurance company and the INS did a raid on one of my clients and found that about 150 employees were illegal, they bought fake ss cards. I don't think they should be given jobs. You want a damn job then become legal or get out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't think its right in any way shape or form, why should the people that are here legally be punished because there are too many people here illegally. I have absolutely nothing against immigration as long as it is done the legal way. The people who hire illegal aliens need to be punished.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 10:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i just wish they would learn a little bit of english if they are going to be here. last week we got new neighbors 4 adutls, 3 kids. not a one speaks a word of english. i had to bark like a dog (literally went "woof woof' ") to ask them if they had one!! i've been searching craigslist for a job and all of then say spanish-speaking a plus!
    larissacst

Answer by larissacst at 10:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm not shocked at all. My father has worked construction for years and he has commented about how many more Mexicans are on the job sites now. I don't know if the men he works with are legal or not, but I'm sure with the increase of Mexican workers not all are legal.

PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 10:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009