Has anyone ever bled after sex?

I am 30 weeks pregnant. Last night my fiance and I had sex for first time in a week or so, everything seemed fine but when finished I was bleeding (red blood). I went to bathroom and it wasnt alot and that was it. I can still feel the baby moving as it did before. Has this ever happened to anyone?

andrea5979

Asked by andrea5979 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Everything down there is swollen and extra sensitive from being pregnant, so it's not uncommon to bleed like that after sex or after a pelvic exam. I think it still warrants a call to the doctor, though. But chances are it was nothing and you're fine.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes but mine happened when i was 15 weeks or something like that it was early. but yeah i bleed for awhile my husband was the one that noticed the red on his thingy and now i cant have sex without it hurting and being worried for my baby.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I didnt have any pain-and it was not rough by any means, but we had not done it in quite a while, but the sight of blood freaked me out. I could barely sleep last night, but felt baby kicking away as usual.
    andrea5979

Answer by andrea5979 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i didnt have any pains either but my husband took me to the er anyways it was a week before my appointment. and he was doing good and the doctor even gave me a picture of him so i have a pic of my baby when he was only 15 weeks it was cool to have cause i only have my 20 weeks pic of my first baby
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This just happened to my sister in law who is 17 weeks pregnant she went to the doctor and doctor said it was normal. Go see your doctor to make sure. Try not to worry, I bled throughout both preganancies and I have two healthy boys. Good Luck!!
    ArisTeresa

Answer by ArisTeresa at 8:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009