Worried about wht other people think.

I am aroun 10 weeks pregnant with my second child (my fist dr's appointment is wednesday), and i have an 8 1/2 month old, that part i'm not worried about but wht i am worried aboutis what my parents and my in-laws will think about us having another baby right now, and yes it was planned, but with the economy the way it is and i havn't gone back to work since i had my son (i got laid off before i even had him b/c we were slowing down for our season). but i am worried that everyone will think that I got pregnant again just so that I can stay home with my son (and other baby) and my DH is being great and has told me he is going to get a second job so i can stay home (he can make more money than i ever could) but I am just worried what our families will think, anyone else have similar feelings? oh and since i havn't been back to work i have no insurance but I am applying through the assistance office.

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 8:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt worry about it when i told my mom and dad my dad asked what happened to my birth control i dont think nither of my parents or my husbands parents thought we were ready or it was to soon. both of my babies are planned and my son was 11 months when i become preganat with number two and dont care what anyone thinks
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Your all adults, it would be incredible rude for someone to presume that. You can't get insurance through your DH?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My DH work doesn't offer insurance.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 8:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It sounds like you two have a good arrangement. It sounds like he wants you to stay hm and take care of the babies. You are already at hm w/ one, why is it bad to have another? If they don't like it too bad, you two apparently have it under control.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• you know what Id say, who cares what they think. I'm the type of person who feels, there is never a time you're completely ready to have a child or another child. Seeing as your husband & you planned this pregnancy & the baby was made out of love, that is all that matters, so don't let anyone take that from you.
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Who cares what people think?

It's an attitude that can be tough to develop...but remember that the Court Of Public Opinion has NO jurisdiction over you.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I just went through the same thing....and at first the in laws started well where will the baby sleep because our house is 2bedroom and we have a 21month old and then my mil started with well i will be so busy now when I babysit and I have been going to school since one year before my son was born and we planned this one so that I will take some time off of school because I breastfeed and they don't agree with that they think I should go back to school right away after having the baby.....but after they got all that out of their system they are excited. lol I just learned to do what my DH and I want and forget what they think...even if it means I have to put my pretend ear plugs in for half an hour... Good luck!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009