My dh says that I am silly when it comes to loading the dishwasher and recycling...

I know this is off the wall but my dh told me that I am ridiculous when it comes to loading the dishwasher. I have a specific place for certain things so that I can use the space optimally. I figure I have 6 people in this household and I try to keep it down to running the dishwasher 1 time a day. If I left it the way that my dh and kids load it then it would have to be run most likely a couple of times a day. So do you all have a specific way you load the dishwasher if you have one?

He also tells me that I am anal about the recycling. I figure if it can be recycled then it is going in the recycling bin. We pay extra each month for the pick up so then we may as well take advantage of it. Also do you recycle where you can?

I know this is off the wall but with the week I had I needed something to think about other than serious matters. :)

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You are doing good things! Sounds like your DH would make less effort, but that also means more waste. If he thinks what you do is off the wall (and it's not), he should read about people who compost, grow their own produce, and use candles to save on electric, just to list a few things.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am also picky about my dishwasher.... if hubby tries to load it, I usually have to "fix" it. I would LOVE to recycle, but we don't have a program for it in my city. I should check into dropping it off somewhere..... good thoughts!
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 8:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We have the same argument in our house I ask DH or DS to load the dishwasher and they ask 'why? you're just going to change it all around anyway'. Well then DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AKA MY WAY! And the experts say men are better at spatial relations! LOL I also catch DH throwing away things that can be recycled but he is getting better about that sllllooooowwwwwllllyyyy.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Our boys unload the dishwasher but I am the ONLY one to fill it just for that same reason. As for recycling , hubby takes care of that. He takes all the used oil from our vehichles back to the auto store, we don't have a pickup at our home so anything we want to recycle has to be taken there by us.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am happy that I am not alone here...I usually just tell him...Yes dearest I am anal when it comes to things and my dishwasher is one of them... :)
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2009