so my DH got me 2 baby ducks... now what?

any advice?

right now (just got them yeasurday) they are sleeping in an old playpen (yes i know never let another baby into it). today were going out to get them a kiddie pool.

idk what else they need and i cant find a good website

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pets

• We have ducks, they are sooo cute and a ton of fun to watch.  We have to keep ours penned up, because they wouldn't stay home otherwise.  Ducks will fly to find larger bodies of water, so make sure they have water to swim in "all the time"!  Even if it's cold outside, give them lots of water to play in.  Clipping their wings will also help to keep them from flying off, at it is painless to the duck!  Have fun with them.
    If the ducks are still young, they will need a source of heat, or they will die from being too cold.  A heat lamp will work fine, but be sure they don't cook.

bookay

Answer by bookay at 9:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/2/2-5/Dave_Holderread.html
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ohhhh how cute. i would love to have baby ducks to raise. have no clue about them but awww. wish my dh did that lol. i also want chickens we already have a chicken coop here but its empty only thing i want to keep for eggs dh wants meat and i just couldnt do that. i would just look around and thinkk what they need room and food wise. or call some sort of pet store. or maybe were he got them. good luck (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh I love my little Daphne Duck. She quacks when you call her name, anyway. just feed them chick starter. You could get it wet or feed it to them dry (they will get it wet anyway) Do not put them in water yet to swim. They aren't with their mother and don't have her protective and waterproofing oils. If you let them get in water they very well could drown.
    With my Daphne, I would rub her down with some baby oil that I smeared between my hands and let her swim in the bath tub for a little while.
    Ooh and another really cute thing about baby ducks is they will follow you around.
    Keep them under a heat lamp with enough room to move away from it if they get too warm. Good luck. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• GO TO A FEED STORE. THEY KNOW ALL ABOUT CHICKENS AND DUCKS AND WHAT THEY NEED TO SURVIVE. HAVE FUN.
    ambercsmom

Answer by ambercsmom at 3:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Put them in a box-then you will have a box of "quackers." Sorry I could not resist. My neice had some last year when they got 1/2 grown she took them to the city park and let them join their duck "friends" on the lake. Her daughters go and visit them once a month 2 ducks always come to the girls when they call.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 9:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009