been a long time really want to start cracking down

my daughter is sixteen months old and i really want to start being serious about her potty traning. she has peed on her pot like a dozen times in the past couple months. but now instead of playing when i put her on it she will actually sit there. i put her on it as soon as she woke up this morning and she peed. how often should i put her on it through the day? my oldest is seventeen and she was realy easy to potty train but it is been so long i can remember the techniques i used can you give any advice please?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh my god. You are NOT a bad mother for not having her potty trained yet! In fact, my oldest will be 3 in July & still isn't potty trained. We have been fighting him for a year now & he just seems to get busy playing and forget about going. But I heard boys are harder..
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i never made mine potty train they did it when they were ready elizabeth did potty train herself at 2 tho just she still wears diapers at night she wont stop wearing them and if i dont put them on her she will pee on my bed or on me lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When I worked at a daycare we took them every two hours just like diaper changes and it seemed like a good time span for most of the toddlers.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was going to suggest what Goaliemom93 suggested. That is what I did with my children.
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• At 16 months, just kind of keep going the way you are. Ask every hour maybe...guide her every 1 1/2 hours...

I would definitely start with the "must" times to go...before leaving the house, before going down for a nap, before down for bed, before shower/bath time, when arrive back at the house, etc.....

But then...I've only trained boys....lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Chloe is 16 months and almost completly potty trained except at night, I put her on there every 30 min. To begin with and after about 3 days I took her every hour and as soon as she woke up and after every nap and if she went potty then I made a big deal about it I would clap my hands and say yay chloe your a big girl!! now she goes in the bathroom on her own when she needs to go! Good luck jodi!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ITS ALL ABOUT COMMUNICATION. IF SHE KNOWS THE POTTY WORDS SUCH AS TINKLE, GO POTTY OR BOO BOO, YOU CAN ASK HER TIME AND TIME AGAIN "DO YOU HAVE TO GO POTTY" OR WHATEVER WORDS YOU DO USE FOR THAT MATTER. YOU ALSO KNOW HOW MUCH LIQUID INTAKE SHE HAS DURING THE DAY, SO YOULL KNOW WHEN THE RIGHT TIME IS.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• thanks guys like i said it has been awhile soo im trying to be patient and she is doing good but i would like to have her potty trained by summer (maybe not completely but well on her way) thanks we're going to go potty right now lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• oh my god i bet i will be told i am a bad mother for not having my daughter potty trained yet now right? i got bashed for complaining about my teens and the things they do.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lizafur, boys ARE harder. My boy hve been the hardest to potty train, my middle son when he was three i would ask him constantly do you need to potty? do you need to potty? finally one day he told me momma in I wear unawear all the time will you top akin me if Ineed ta potty? I said yes and from then on he went on his own!
    Just keep doing what you are doing jodi and she will get it soon.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009