what would you do or say to this young women.

ok i have been babysitting for this youngish mom now going on 3 weeks. he is a great little boy. 18 months. well this is now the 3rd time she hasent shown up or called. i get up early for him make sure house is 18month old proof just to sit here and wait. she has called around 9am saying ohhh b/f took day off or i called into work. fine just let me know asap so i can sleep just a lil or do what i need to do instead of just siting and waiting. and i have told her this. she did this last thursday and said u will have him on monday. well again no show. she also did this 2 weeks ago. she always says how sorry she is but now its getting annoying what would you do or say. im doing this to help her she came to me and asked. its now irratating me.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Tell her you need to start charging her for the day when she cancels last minute like that. Give her a specific time by which she must call to cancel, or she will be charged. If you aren't comfortable charging her for a whole day, charge her for half, or whatever amount you think is fair. She is taking advantage of you. I'd be irritated, too.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• im also gonna add there should be a what would you do catagory. lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My mil does daycare and when she said if I ever do it to make sure that the parents know that if they miss a scheduled day, they still are required to pay for it. I know that you are trying to help this person, but still. A job is a job.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• well sounds like it is an on going thing i would explain to her that she must call and give you plenty of notice that your time is valuable to and if she wants to keep doing this to you that she will have to find another sitter.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'd just say call me. You could call her when she doesn't show or for good measure call her everyday when you get up and say do I need to get the house ready or are you staying hm today, lol.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Plan and simple STOP HELPING cause she dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZiemMya2

Answer by ZiemMya2 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Let her know that unless she gives you at 24 hours notice she will be charged for that day.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009