I am looking for easy and healthy recipes to cook for my daughter who is nursing.

My daughter and her husband have an 18 month old and are expecting another baby this month. I want to help by fixing meals for them that will be healthy for a nursing mom. Thanks.

gramto242

Asked by gramto242 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• CHicken casserole w/ brocoli, rice and chicken. Rice has lots of nutrients and chicken has lots of protein and brocoli is good too.

What does your daughter like? I am sure you can find lots of good food just from stuff she likes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OH...LOL...I totally misread that. Thought you were cooking for a nursing baby....
    Um does she like her foods mixed or plain? I would try cutting up veggies and fruits and adding in grilled meats as you cook them (make an extra steak or chicken breast) and you can make your own "tv" dinner. Homemade mac and cheese with ham and broccoli...
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Spinach, eggwhite, and feta cheese omlette. I use frozen spinach and microwave it. You can throw one whole egg in, yolks are nutritious, and maybe some turkey. Dark green veggies have iron. You can also make smoothies of just soy milk and frozen strawberries, sooo good. You can add vanilla yogurt to it for a richer texture.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Just want to add liver isn't for everyone but its highly nutritious.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• oh don't buy fancy feta if she's pregnant make sure its pasteurized.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009