Would you re-elect your politician if he behaved this way?

Jason Mattera catches Democratic Senator and tax cheat Charlie Rangel and confronts him about his mounting ethical and financial scandals.

Charlie Rangel’s message for Jason - and for all you bothersome taxpayers wondering about his shady rental property deals, publicly-subsidized Cadillac, and unpaid taxes:

“Why don’t you mind your goddamned business?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdtFWCrCh0s&feature=player_embedded

So, when Geithner says the IRS will go after Tax Evaders, Do you think Politicians should get a free pass?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't. But I have a feeling many a Democrat or liberal would. It is after all how he got as far as he did politically. How many Republicans who pull similar stunts get re-elected?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Correction, he OR she.. Didn't realize the typo. And this goes for all parties. But Rangel's holier than now" attitude is one reason why America is falling apart at the hands of these Congressmen and women. He is a crook and should be removed.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Anon, I believe the question was 'would you reelect your politician', no mention of party lines.

Grly, no. I wouldn't re-elect a politician that felt that he or she wasn't subject to the same laws and rules as the rest of us. Sounds like the pressure is getting to Rangel. What a clown.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No I wouldn't !!!
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No. as far as being shocked by what a politician says...

Dick Cheyney's response to going to war on faulty information and the fact that our soldiers are still dying because of it, his answer was "SO"........

.Nothing SHOCKS me about politicians, they are the most narcissistic people around

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i think we should fire most of them. they aren' t listening
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sweet, you might want to check your facts. When asked how that assessment comports with recent polls that show about two-thirds of Americans say the fight in Iraq is not worth it, Cheney replied, "So?" "..."You can't be blown off course by polls," said Cheney...

His answer had nothing to do with "faulty information" It had to do with a Poll on Americans.  That isn't to say I don't have questions and concerns about Cheney, but at least this one needed clarification. :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• NO! They should be held to a higher standard actually! I think that the old diversion blame game by the libs/dems is typical but getting old! Not to mention facts are distorted and quotes are out of context to justify current admins actions.....
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Rangel is a twisted little runt, and he's beginning to show his true colors now, he's not the only arrogant politician who should be removed from office.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2009