Sending a thank you note. 5 Ways to Screw Up After the Interview

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-Ways-to-Screw-Up-After-the-usnews-14556382.html

I have never heard about or even thought about sending a thank you note to a potential job. Has anyone ever done this or heard about it? What do you think about it?

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I always do it. I think it comes from the selling principle of 3..... Your resume was #1 time they saw your '' ad ", your interview was #2 time they saw your "ad" and the followup thank you note is #3. It never hurts to stick your name in the mind of the employer. It makes them feel "familiar" with you and could possibly make them more apt to think of your name when making their final decision.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Its supposed to get you fresh in the interviewers mind.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No one teaches this in job hunting anymore? A thank-you note is considered essential!

Here's what I was taught...bring thank you cards and stamps with you to the interview. Get the business card of the person you talked with. Then, after the interview, in your car, write the note, ticking off a couple of points such as what excites you about the job or how your skills fit their needs (remember, it's all about THEM). Then drop the card in the nearest mailbox. It'll get to them the next day.

Courtesy counts.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Obviously not, in my case anyway. BTW, I'm not looking for a job. I read it on yahoo news and that's why I asked. I have been a sahm for almost 6 years and my last job I had I was there for 7 years, my other job before that 4 years. Sad to say I never knew that.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2009