Birth Control

I read a post statiing that Birth Control is the same as abortion do you think that or not? There are some people who have to use birth control because of having Endometriosis and PCOS. I am one of the ones who fall into that catogory. I have both I am a single Mother and have to use it. I don't like having a period for 2-3 weeks at a time so I use it. But I am wondering who really believes BCP is the same as Abortion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• I don't . The pill prevents ovulation. If there is no ovulation,the ovary doesn't release an egg. If there is no egg,there is no pregnancy. In no way is birth control aborton. I siupose the Pope might think contraception is bad but if you really think about it and use your brain, isn't birth control preferable to having too many children? And, even if you think there is no such thing as too many children, we all have our own valid opinions. And, this is just my opinion. The information about birth control is a proven fact though.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree w/pp. BCP's are to prevent ovulation they don't stop an existing pregnancy. Birth control has been around since sex in one form or another- lol Remember that many people have opionions as bizzare as they may seem - that doesn't make them right or even close to right!!! You are not alone- many women are on BCPs for other medical reasons other then birth control too. There is nothing wrong with BCPs. If people don't like them then it is their choice not to use them. JMO
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009