Carpooling Problems?

I am supposed to be taking turns carpooling with another mom. I say 'supposed' because this other mom is not keeping up to her end of things.

She and I set up a take and pick up schedule, but she's not keeping to her end of the agreement. This is beyond when 'something comes up', which I understand, but its become a blatent disregard for what we agreed upon.

On the days she is supposed to pick up from the bus stop sometimes she does not show up at all and Ive found the kids (who are too young to be going home alone) walking down the street. Or, when its my time to pick up shell be there sometimes.

Ive talked to her repeatedly about this, and it goes in one ear and out the other and she continues to do what she wants. I think its time to end this because shes not reliable not even 1%.

Theres been days where school had a day off for whatever reason and her child shows up at my house to be taken to school. GRRR.

Advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would stop carpooling. Sounds like she is just taking advantage of your kindness now. You said you talked to her and it goes in one ear and out the other which means she doesn't care.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you want to give her one more chance, I'd give her a calendar with the days marked as to who is picking up, dropping off, etc., what days there is no school, or if they get out early or whatever. It could honestly be that she is just not organized and can't keep track. Otherwise, I'd say give it up and just take care of your kids.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It's time to stop carpooling with her.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ya the people down the street carppol and i think they are having carpooling issues.what really scares me is they car pool about 6 kinds and there suvs only hold 3 in the back these are little kids.i know someone one reported it(it wasnt me)but it does scar me/ya one day my husband was going to work and he noticed some kids were waiting out side with there father for the bus my husband stopped to tell them it was a snow day...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'd stop carpooling with her too. My mom had the issuse with my friend's mom when I was a kid. she was supposed to switch on and off to take us to choir practice after school on Wednesdays and then take us home and the other mom always had some excuse about why she couldn't be there or didn't show up. You have to just stop because even if you make out a calendar marking out the days, how much work do you really want to put into this? If you can't even trust her to remember that she needs to pick her child up from school half the time, how can you trust her with your child?
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would deal with my child and let her deal with her own.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009