Advice please.

My 6 wk check-up is tomorow and my Dr. told me to think about what kind of BC I wanted. I haven't been on BC forever and there are so many different kinds I'm lost. I want something that shortens or makes you not have a period at all. My periods are horrible! I thought about the Mirena. We want to have another child in a year or two also. I just don't know. I'm lost.

Ebony83

Asked by Ebony83 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just talk all these things over with your DR. he can advise you which is best for your situation.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I got the mirena, I'm getting mine taken out so i can have another baby. Its not bad. It wasent comfortable getting it in though. Granted it was uncomfortable for only like and hour or hour and a half after it was put in. Its great BC though. My hubby and I are both happy with it. I really do like it and suggest it for you. :D good luck!
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I got the mirena too and I love it! I want another baby in 2 years, so I'll just get it taken out then. Are you breastfeeding? My Dr said there were many birthcontrols I couldn't do since I am breastfeeding, they would dry up my milk.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yeah i am BF. I had heard that too.
    Ebony83

Answer by Ebony83 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing....I haven't used BC the whole time I have been bf Jolie of fear of loosing my milk. I want to get the Mirena also. You can use the mini pill while you bf. The estragen in the BC pill is what effects the production of the MIlk. The mini pill does not have it in it. I was given it but I never used it. So I have no clue what affect it has on your peirod or anyother side a fect it may have. Let me know how the MIrena is if you get it.
    Lovemybrayden

Answer by Lovemybrayden at 11:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009