How do i get my newborn to sleep at least four hours at night?

dodge_167

Asked by dodge_167 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's just best to give it time, it'll happen before you know it. When I had my 3rd, my SIL told me that I should do what she did & put some rice cereal in the bottle to make him sleep longer. I wasn't going to do it cause I didn't feel comfortable with the idea, and when I asked around I found out that it can cause all sorts of issues. They can develop food allergies, choke, weight issues, and there is NOTHING that actually proves that it will make a baby sleep longer, other then the fact that people say full babies sleep longer. It depends on the baby. I'm not sure if you have other children around, but if not try to sleep when the baby sleeps (which is really hard lol) or maybe you can have someone come and watch the baby for a few hours at your home so you can get a little nap. Good luck!!
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Heh heh...you can't. They do it on their own when they are ready to. Sleep when baby does sleep, but five hours is "sleeping through the night" and it generally won't happen in he newborn stage. It often doesn't happen regularly in the first year.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2009