• In the Spotlight:

Dr. office pregnancy test.........

How fast can they tell if you are pregnant? Are they faster than the ones at the store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think a blood test is. But I'm not real sure. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lol once I had to go to the ER when I was like 2 months pregnant cause I thought something was wrong, well they did a test on my urine sample in the process of finding out & making sure everything was ok. Well they did have the results in no time and came back & said "yep you're pregnant" uhh I knew that already, and I told you that when I came in. Later got the bill and that "test" they did was $125.00 luckily I had insurance. I think the only difference is the price.

Also when I got pregnant with my first, I called to make my first appointment & they asked if I took a test at home, and when I told them yes i was positive they just told me it was a safe bet I was and just made my appointment
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The one you buy at the store is FASTER.. but the one you will take at the doctors is more ACCURATE...

it takes a day to find out through blood work that your doctor will draw from you and its much more accurate then peeing on a stick..

Most likely either way.. if you do an at home test, and it comes out positive, your doctor will want to double check and draw blood anyhow. OB's like to have more proof then just an at home pregnancy test..

so.. the question becomes.. what would you rather do? haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• the pee tests all take the same amount of time. But the blood test is more accuret, but on the other hand it takes longer.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2009