• In the Spotlight:

I'm trying to wean my 7 month old! She took a bottle but now wants nothing to do with it! Please help I have a boobaholic baby!

she is nursing 4 times a day and eating cereal and stage 1 and 2 solids. She also sleeps all night:) I'm going back to work so I need help fast:)

MamaofAddy

Asked by MamaofAddy at 9:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know you don't need to wean to go back to work? Nurse when you're home. Let the caregiver deal with it when you're not.

Stop trying to give bottles yourself...that's doomed from the start. Breastfed babies usually refuse bottles from mom and mom introducing a bottle is wasting her time. Baby will eat when hungry so don't give it another second of thought.

It's a big fat lie that you must stay home to nurse. The most successful breastfeeders I've known worked 40+ hours outside the home.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My son never took a bottle so at about 6 months I started giving him sippy cups. Can your baby just drink from a cup while you're gone?
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree with gdiamante.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My DD is 7 months old and won't take a bottle either. I just went back to work 2 weeks ago, so I feed her when I'm at home and on my lunch breaks. She eats solids during the day and instead of forcing her the bottle, she'll hold a cold bottle herself and just chew on the nipple('cause she's teething), so I know she is getting a few drops out by just chewing on it. Don't wean her yet, let her breastfeed as long as you can.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thanks for the advice! I like the continue to breastfeed answers! Didn't even think about that option:)
    MamaofAddy

Answer by MamaofAddy at 7:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009