guest

okay lets say you just had your baby and just brought him/her home your husband is leaving for deployment the next week, would you let someone like your mother-in-law stay with you even though you didnt want her staying in your house cause you wanted to be alone with your baby and husband also you had a c-section and was hoping she'd stay in a hotel but his mother started crying and your husbnad felt bad so said she can stay in your house and you felt really uncomfortable with her being there. so you being a mother-in-law what would you have done or you being the person that gave birth did you or would you let her stay

mommyofone0724

Asked by mommyofone0724 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm..... well, I know how you feel. Personally. I think if she's there to help you with the baby...and she won't be in the way all the time, then let her stay because it's her grandchild and you that she's trying to help and also her son is leaving. But on the otherhand, if she's there to "take over" then I would say something to my husband and put my foot down. You're the one who just had a baby AND a c-section (which suck) so it should be about what you want right now. He should understand. And so should his mother.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My husband wasn't leaving for deployment when we brought our daughter home but his parents did stay with us for a week. I wanted them to stay in a hotel so bad. I knew his mother would drive me insane and she did. I wanted it just to be me and my husband taking care of daughter with out the "oh you have to do this or that" I didn't mind if they'd visit during the day and let us be at night but they ended up staying with us. She was like oh you need some sleep let me take care of the baby, but I could not sleep. I wanted to sleep when the baby slept so I could spend time with my daughter. Next baby I'm telling my husband they are staying in a hotel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• if she isnt trying to control how you are raising your baby, but is trying to help I think her staying there would be best. With having a C-section, you cant exactly move as easy cause of the pain. So really I think it would be best for her to stay with you incase something happens. like if you slip and fall or something like that.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I dunno, my MIL flew out the day after our son was born, it was great!!!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This happened to me, my in-laws were here for the birth(they drove 17 hours to be here) and they stayed with us a week after she was born. I just wanted alone time w/my DH and new baby before he had to go back to work. But, I didn't have the guts to tell them to get a hotel. I knew it would also make my DH upset if I told them, especially since they drove 17 hours to be w/us. But, if you have the guts to put your foot down and say NO, then please do! That week was hell! Luckily, I think they got the hint and said they would wait to come a week later next baby!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009