• In the Spotlight:

what is the difference between born again Christian and Christian?

I am what I belive is just Christian. I dont have a spacific denomonation. But I'v been told that I'm a born again Christian because I'v have gon to other religions. But I'v always gon back to God. The Christian faith is the only one that makes sence to me. I know where I stand, but I just want to know what the difference is.

mommy20081

Asked by mommy20081 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I will certainly pray for you......we are all a work in progress, none of us are perfect. The Holy Spirit will guide you and you will feel convictions to change being laid on your heart. Pray, read the Bible and surround yourself with those who will lift you up and encourage you. Anytime you need to talk, just pm me.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Asking Jesus to come into your heart and admitting you're a sinner and that you need Him is what makes you born again. JUST a christian is usually someone who has christian tendencies but hasn't been born again.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• so because I have admitted that I'm a sinner and repented over my sins and asked him to stay in my life and soul, I'm a born again Christian?
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am not sure.I know that a Christian is anyone who follows Christ's teachings.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you have acknowledged you need a Savior as a result of your sin and have accepted Jesus as your personal Savior because you know he died on the cross for you as payment for your sins you are born again! When you are born again it also means you put away you're old ways and start to live for Him & allow the Holy Spirit to guide you and convict you on how to live your life for the Lord.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have changed moste my ways, i am struggling on other parts that I know I need to change. Pra for me please. :D
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thank you DeeDee, your so sweet!
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• A very small percentage of the world's Christians believe that you have to accept Jesus as your personal savior in order to get to heaven. These are the born again Christians. The vast majority of Christians do not believe this. There are many different beliefs among Christians about what you need to do to be guaranteed a place in heaven. That is one reason why there are so many Christian denominations.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Matthew 7: 13-14(NLT)
    You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and it's gate wide for the many that choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The truth is there are many who will never find their way to heaven. Believing in God is not good enough.......Jesus said there is only one way:

John 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009