Should i quit and get a "REAL" job?

I "work" for my grandfather. He is termanialy ill and before he got bad off he hired me because i'm a CNA and he knew i needed the money cause i was a single parent and then i could bring my daughter with me and be a SAHM too. Now 2 years later I am still caring for him but now married and we want to buy a house and grow as a family problem is I get paid under the table and my DH doesn't make enough on his own for a loan. Right now DH is selling his condo which he joint owns with his friend and we are living with his family. He wants me to quit working for my grandfather and get a "real" job that will help OUR family. I also am a student working on my BA. I agree with him about needing to put our family first but don't wanna put the rest of my family in a bind cause everyone is stretching to make it work cause he only gets 4 hours of nursing a day m-f. My aunt moved in with him and my mom helps in the evening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• The benefits seem to be too good to stop. If it's important to h then you could claim self employment and have gramps file a 1099 on you so your income counts. It's not like 4 hours of wages is going to shove you into a major change in tax brackets.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would say get a real job where your not being payed under the table but still give your grandfather a couple hours if you can. :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If i were in your shoes then I would ask my husband to please be patient. I would want to be able to spend time with my grandfather knowing he was not going to be around much longer and also it is helping your family (which when your married both sides become a big family all connected to you) If you have a place to stay for now then just stay for a while and help your grandfather and once something else can be figured out you can get a "real" job... Good luck
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• it sounds that you need to wait on buying a house. Never buy a home on two pay checks something always happens, like getting pregnant, staying home with kids. Wait tell he can get the loan on his own. It is hard but its worth it.
    than do what Krazyash wrote you. Save your money to put down on a home. Make your money you make extra not needed.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2009