How can i get my 7 year old daughter to listen to me.

when I tell her no she does it any way. Is this a phase or what? or just the age?

rachel0226

Asked by rachel0226 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• at 7 you can even start in use 'delayed punishment'- just not too delayed. For example- after breakfast you told her not to do "XZY" and she did. when she gets home from school and asks to call her friend Cindy and invite her to play, you say. "No, you made a wrong choice this morning in doing "XYZ", therefore you don't get to call your friends or have them over today. I hope you make a better choice tomorrow. If not, there will additional consequences" (not really say anything in the morning when she did XYZ)

giving my kids extra house chores always worked pretty well. cleaning out the fridge or mopping the bathroom. with the extra chores, they also loose a privelegde until the extra chore is done or if it is not done by a certain time
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• hmm ask wimsey she has all the answers.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lol yes she does
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'd say spare the rod spoil the child....punishment also works if you dont believe in spanking her. Take away her favorite dolls, take away priveledges....she will finally learn, after she realizes she cant get away with it. But if you try to reason with her...she'll keep being defiant.
    SheridonW

Answer by SheridonW at 11:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• She's 7 - right? You are how old? Be the adult and don't let a 7 year old rule your home!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009